House Hockey Families
How to dress a Hockey Player
Learn to Skate Families
Here are a few guidelines to review when registering your child to our Learn to Skate program:
- Please be sure to record a valid email address and phone number in your family’s account on our website: www.tcyha.org
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes early to allow for check in and preparing your child with his/her skates and equipment. The instructors will call the skaters on at 12pm
- Skate rentals are available at no charge. Sizes are limited and available on a first come/first serve basis. Should you need to rent skates, please be sure to come early so we can service you at the skate rental counter.
- All families are limited to ONE adult assisting their child to tie skates by the ice. It is possible to dress outside or at home and wear guards on the skate blades if you prefer to avoid any crowd during this process.
- We ask that once your child is on the ice, to please then proceed to the stands or in the upper foyer area to observe. There is no observation area in the lower level by the ice or on the player benches & penalty boxes. We need to ensure that anyone on the ice has been given the proper clearance and certified to do so.
- There will be pushers available to assist the skaters. Our goal is to not have the children rely on them, therefore, please refrain from bringing your own. After the first couple of sessions, coaches will start to remove the pushers, so the children are able to learn how to skate without them.
- All skaters are required to provide the following equipment:
- Ice skates (hockey or figure skate) and HECC-approved Helmet
- Winter mittens, gloves, or hockey gloves
- Shin guards & elbow pads are optional & if worn, must be worn under clothing
Thank you in advance for your cooperation on these points. Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to email@example.com